Tuesday 3 April 2012

Live Blogged: Mission Impossible 3



So I came home from work looking a good release, and lo and behold, Film 4 were showing one of my favourite movies, M:I III. Now it's been a while since I've seen this film admittedly, so I decided to jot down some as-they-happen thoughts while a watch. Enjoy.

21:15

This is when I turn on the TV, unfortunately about 10 minutes into the film. Can't remember if I missed much.

21:17

Holy shit! Emmy Award-winning actor and genuine dead on guy (I believe) Aaron Paul is in this movie! He kicks so much ass in Breaking Bad. This must be the first time I've seen this movie since it started. Aaron seems to be Tom Cruise's brother-in-law-to-be here.





21:26

Genuine awesome movie moment as Keri Russell has her brain blown up from the inside, by the bomb implanted there. Her eyes freak me the fuck out. Tom Cruise is shocked.

21:35

Some ridiculous Lost-ian (yeah) music going on right now. Michael Giacchino's early movies were clearly very inspired by his wonderful work on that show. This particular song sound VERY much like Sayid's theme in fact.

21:39

I love Ving Rhames.

21:42

Tom Cruise and Michelle Monaghan are getting married in a hospital. This does not bode well for anyone. Especially now that they just consummated said marriage in the pill closet. Oh snap!

21:46

Tom Cruise just RAN UP THE SIDE OF VATICAN CITY. "Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall." Amazing scenes.

21:50

First noticeable occurance of the now famous JJ Abrams screen flare. He literally cannot get enough of them. See: Star Trek and Super 8.

21:59

Pretty amazing sequence as the team makes a mask of Phillip Seymour Hoffman, then put it on Tom Cruise and suddenly he IS PSH. Don't know how they did that.

22:07

Tom Cruise is hanging PSH out of an airplane. Cool.

22:14

Tom Cruise running! He's definitely the best runner in Hollywood. He's running full pelt as RPGs are being fired at him from a helicopter, then a drone fires a missile that nearly blows him up. Incredible.

22:22

More Aaron Paul, happy days. All too brief.

22:26

Lawrence Fishburne is really cramping Tom Cruise's style here. He's currently got him bound and gagged Hannibal-style to a table. A tad unnecessary I'd say.

22:31

Tom Cruise seems to be confused as to which movie this is now. He's got the hair and beard of his character from Born On The Fourth Of July on currently.

22:37

The team are firing baseballs from the top of one skyscraper to another as a distraction while Tom Cruise goes all Spiderman on our ass. Think I might be the only who who's thinking about the poor civilians below who'll now have to dodge all these baseballs travelling at fatal speeds.

22:43

Maggie Q is shot! Oh right, I don't really care about her or Jonathan Rhys Meyers at all.

22:54

Intensity all round as Tom Cruise and PSH act-off against one another in a powerful scene. Not to mention the sweet fake-killing of Michelle Monaghan.

23:01

More cool Tom Cruise running. Local Asians seem perplexed.

23:07

RIP Phillip Seymour Hoffman. Fucked up by a truck.

23:09

So before he died, PSH implanted a bomb in Tom Cruise's head. In order to disarm it, he instructs Michelle Monaghan, "I'm gonna die unless you kill me!" (perfect action movie line). And she does not disappoint as she flips the switch and fries his ass with electricity.

23:12

Tom is still dead, but Michelle is trying her best to revive him. This scene is basically a carbon copy of the scene in Lost when Jack tries to revive Charlie after he was hanged. Right down to the music and slow-motion-pounding on the dead person's chest. Classic JJ. And Tom Cruise lives!

23:15

In the end, Tom and Michelle get the honeymoon they've always wanted after getting married about 3 days ago. The team are all in one piece and live to go on another impossible mission.


So that's about it Mission Impossible 3. Thoroughly enjoyable flick, starring one of my favourites in Cruise. And JJ Abrams in an impressive big-screen directorial debut as well.

Stay tuned for further live bloggage.








1 comment:

  1. Why have I never thought of doing this?

    Also I had a dream about this film once in which I went to the cinema to see it and it was so exciting I pissed myself.

    And the DVD sticker reads ""Mission: INCREDIBLE"-Johnny Vaughan"

    ReplyDelete